Friday 13 September 2013

Well it looked like a short cut!


Thursday 12th September

Précis:- found they had other bread, went on long bike ride by mistake. The end.

Well at last we managed to get a really nice baguette from the shop, they obviously sell the rubbish first. But sadly the Carole & Joseph's Oxfordshire artisan deluxe gooseberry conserve ran out, and unlike Harrod's they don't deliver. Quell disaste!

We then headed for St Aygulf, the next village, on our bikes as they said there was a market on. As it turned out it was a flea market and not very big either so a bit disappointing really.  The journey there had been a bit hairy over the last bit as there was no cycle path, but when we were ready to go back we saw a road which looked as though it cut the difficult bend off and went where we wanted to go so we decided to take it on the way back. BIG mistake!

We cycled for mile after mile and finally arrived on the other side of Frejus at the point where we had come in off the motorway the day we arrived. I knew where we were immediately and just had to convince Joan. We had managed to convert a simple 2 mile trip into a very long ride plus I had NOT put my little bike computer on so I was definitely not flavour of the month. As I've said, my fitness is not great but I did it without a problem and after a spot of lunch I slept for ages, so we did very little today but relax, ho hum.

Lots of love
Joan & Bryan xxxx

No comments: