Sunday 22 September 2013

Good grief it's even hotter today and the wind has dropped completely.


Saturday 21st September

Précis:- we went to a market then a car boot and had two trips to the beach. The end.

Last night was soo hot we had trouble sleeping, then I realised I had shut the skylight as the noise from the road last night was bad. Opening it didn't make any difference as there is no wind at all. It was so hot that we felt it would be best to keep off the beach.

We had been told about a huge car boot sale and a local market so decided to wander around those until the heat of the day had subsided a bit. I should explain that we have lost a washer to our "hose to tap" attachment and have been unable to replace it. It's odd because I was sure I would be able to get one in any supermarket but we've been trying for days with no luck. Still it gives us a reason to wander around and if we see any suitable wine glasses as Joan would like two.

Most places only sell them in sixes but at a boot sale we might be lucky. Having been assured it was only about 15 minutes away, (we never learn), we did finally get there and it was huge as we had been told. Wandering around for ages we had finally given up and were all ready to leave when we saw a huge van with just about everything you could possibly want for caravans or campers. I didn't see what I needed but Joan said I should ask, and after I had managed to explain what I wanted, the lady turned around rummaged in a box and sold me one.

After a leisurely lunch we stupidly went straight to the beach where we both struggled to stay awake. Realising that to fall asleep in sun this strong would be stupid we rapidly returned to the van. About 4 O'clock we returned to the beach for a very pleasant couple of hours. Then it was time to shower and change and return to the restaurant for a really delicious Thai Green Curry.

Lots of love
Bryan & Joan xxxx

No comments: